Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lonesome Lake (5/14/2014)

Lonesome Lake
via Lonesome Lake trail
--3.2 mi RT--

Trailhead
Off of I-93, Lafayette Place (campground) exit
Parking: FREE



This was a great afternoon hike. Book time is 2.5 hours, I think my friend and I completed it less than that. The trail is very well maintained. It was a nice day, we sat on the dock at the Lonesome Lake Hut for over an hour.

The parking lot is to my back. The trail goes through the campground, follow the signs.

Last time I hiked this, they were still building these stairs

Always be prepared when hiking in early-mid Spring, there was still some ice near the lake





Franconia Ridge under the clouds


We had to get off the dock so this helicopter could drop down. Crew members got off. It continued to pick up trash and drop off supplies for the hut. It was a neat thing to see!

Cannon Mt. in the background





No comments:

Post a Comment