Thursday, May 9, 2013

Arethusa Falls (4/6/13)

--2.6 RT--

This was my first hike of the year. I've wanted to hike to see this beautiful waterfall I heard so much about! One of my Mom's co-workers went with me (she is really awesome! I'm happy to know her now!!).

Arethusa is a very popular hike to go on in northern New Hampshire. When we went, there was still snow on the trail. Good thing we didn't need snowshoes! There was one part of the trail that was very icy and we took a lot of caution going down.

The waterfall was magnificent, even half frozen! My friend told me she has never been able to go up as close as she did (imagine the cold water splashing on your face...that's how close she went!). I went up close, but not that close. I'll admit I was a little timid! We were walking on ice/snow covering the river the falls turned into.

Here's some pictures!


 



There was a good 1-2 feet of snow waiting to be melted!! 

I hiked this a month ago I know, I'm trying to catch up on all the blogging I missed! Hopefully I'll get better at it (blogging AND hiking!) 

Check out my friend's page while you're at it. I'm pretty sure she inspired me to start my own blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment