Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bald Mountain & Artist Bluff (4/22/2013)

--2,340'--

This is another popular hike among locals! Bald Mountain & Artist Bluff are located in Franconia Notch. Its such a short hike, you have to do both!

Bald Mountain (2,340 ft) was really fun. Short hike through the woods then when you got to the rock part..it was just like rock climbing! (well maybe not THAT intense, but it was fun!).

Here's pictures from Bald Mountain:


(My friend went backwards up that!) LOL

Everyone climbing up!

The views:
 


-----
Artist Bluff was our second destination for this hike. Although hiking both of these little mountains was short, the views are incredible!!! 

Pictures from Artist Bluff:

and for some really odd reason, this is my only picture from Artist Bluff! So I had to steal some...



We found something really cool too! It wasn't Geocaching...not sure what it is! We found a notebook with many people's names and dates in it, dates back to 2004. I randomly found it tucked away under a rock. The plastic bag and box it was in wasn't keeping it dry though. There was also a homemade stamp!


We all wrote our names!!!



It was a great hike with friends, that's for sure!! :) 
:)

I appreciate everyone who is reading this, to take the time to do so! I'm trying to fill my posts with pictures and less words to not be boring! But, if you love hiking as much as I do, then you would probably want more of each. :) 

Once I get to my more current hikes, I will be posting more information about trail conditions, how long it takes to hike round trip, etc. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment