Sunday, May 12, 2013

Middle Sugarloaf (5/3/13)

--2,539'--

I never knew this existed until I was looking at my hiking map for local mountains under 3000 ft. This was certainly one of my favorite hikes yet!! The view...oh man, I jumped up and down and screamed like a little girl!!! :D

The trail at many times was steep but they hard stair like rocks, so that made it easier. Once you get up the main trial, you'll see a sign pointing you towards Middle Sugarloaf (.5 miles from that spot) or North Sugarloaf (.3 miles). My friend and I went to Middle Sugarloaf, it certainly felt longer than a half mile. BUT the view was incredible!!!

On one side, you could see Mt Washington, and the back of Bretton Woods ski area, then on the other side you could see for miles in the distance towards Twin Mt and Whitefield. You could even see Mt View Grand!

Here's some pictures from this hike:
Trailhead

We had so much fun with all the rocks and caves! 


Mt Washington


North Sugarloaf


Mt View from a distance

Close up of Mt Washington

If you haven't done this hike, DO IT! Especially on a clear day like when we did it...it was soooo worth the sweat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment