Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mt. Pemigewasset (5/6/13)

--2,557'--

"Mount Pemi-what?!" was the expression I got when I told people where I hiked this last time. I like to just call it Mt. Pemi, but when I want to be technical, I use the whole name. lol.

This was my first ever solo hike!!! I was so afraid but it was worth it. I was so afraid of being by myself, in the middle of the woods I didn't know and I was hoping I wouldn't see any bears! Thankfully, I didn't see anything, but a GREAT view!

The hike was long, not time or length was, but probably felt long being by myself. The trail was Ok is most areas but there were a lot of fallen trees (and I could hear trees falling in the distance) and it was also extremely muddy.

  



And the FIRST thing you see:
BEAUTIFUL! :D

I could see so far! Such a great day for this hike. When I got to the top, there was another solo hiker. He was really nice, gave me some tips and advice for solo hiking. He hikes by himself all the time, and this was his first one of the year. I really love everyone (so far) who I've met on trails. They're soooo nice and happy!

 
Favorite Picture

One of the creepiest part of this hike was the ledge...what a longggg way down! (If you hike this, be careful not to get too close!!)

-----
One of the best parts about this hike and being on my own was the peace I was able to experience. Just laying on the summit, looking up at the sky, just listening to nature and nothing else. 


Crazy hair (ALWAYS!) and can you tell I love purple?! :)

I named my pack, Oz. For the magical places we're going to see! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment