Friday, May 24, 2013

Zealand Falls (5/22/2013)

Such a beautiful hike this was! I get really hyped up on waterfalls, flowers, and nature when I'm hiking. Zealand Falls is gorgeous!! (I was jumping up and down in my head when I heard the rushing water in the distance) :)

It was raining a couple days before we went. So glad it held off until AFTER our hike! I think I even got some more sun, my tan lines are more defined. Aw yeah! 

To get to the trail head, turn into Zealand Campgrounds off route 302 in Twin Mountain/Bretton Woods. Follow that road until you can't drive anymore. ($3 for parking). There are a couple other trails you are able to hike to get to the hut, but my friends and I took the Zealand Trail. It was a little over 2.3 miles. Easy hike since it was all flat. When you are about .1-.2 miles from the hut, it gets really steep. (Don't forget to stop halfway up this part to check out the falls!) 

     

Lots of streams to cross over


Bottom of the falls...

Middle of the falls...


And the top! :)

   
             ((I love this picture!!))




Thankfully the water wasn't too high. We were able to take our shoes off and cross over to the other side of the falls to have lunch and relax. The hut is beautiful! Looked like newly renovated bunks...but I could be wrong (??). I would definitely love to spend a weekend up there!

-----

For Tara, Jonny, Byron and Adam: "THERE'S JUST SO MUCH NATURE!" :') 

No comments:

Post a Comment